Thursday, September 3, 2009

surprise cakes

I've had this idea cooking for a while...maybe as long as 2 or 3 years! Back then, I bought up a bunch of jello molds with the idea that I could decorate them as cakes. I finally got around to actually making them successfully and I'm so pleased with how sweet they turned out. Best of all, they are filled with all sorts of crafting goodies!

I made these to debut at Kim's Market Soiree on Friday September 18 (which, by the way for all you L.A. girls has just been opened to the public!)

I'm working hard to make as much stuff as I can to sell there...lots of new stuff. Hope to see you there!

11 comments:

Cassondra W. said...

These are just about the cutest things I have ever seen. You are so full of creativity, you never cease to amaze!!!

Suz said...

Amy...
Those are just darling...what a super idea!!!!! I know it will go well at the Soiree.
Hugs,
Suz

Jill said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!
Blessings!
Jill

Christine Z. said...

so fun!! i'm sure they will be a huge hit at the event!

Jill said...

I LOVE those! My new kitchen is going to have sort of a vintage jello cookbook theme-- and one of those would be absolutely adorable on a little pedestal under a glass dome! Will you have them available for sale in your online shop?
Love,
Jill

holly said...

sweet tooth kickin in!...adorable.
=)

Elyse said...

very very cute ~*~

xo

Pearl Maple said...

Cute cakes!
Followed a link to your blog and really enjoyed all your creative posts. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! Wonder if I could make bath fizzie using my vintage jello molds?

claudine hellmuth said...

these are so cute!!

Deborah said...

Please show those of us who can't make it to California what else you are making. we always love to see what you are up to.