Tuesday, March 25, 2008

good times...not so much

Thank you, everyone, for your warm birthday wishes and words of encouragement as I embark on my new paths for Inspire Company. I have a lot of work to do this week to get ready for next Tuesday. I honestly don't know how I'll do it all but if I keep at it, hopefully I'll pull it off.

My parents and Seth left unexpectedly this morning. There was a bit of a scuffle last night, lots of talking back and general sassiness on the part of Seth and wagging of fingers and exasperated faces on the part of everyone else. My mother decided when she woke up that it would be better for everyone if they left this morning. I cried as they left because I really wanted them to stay. More than anything, I wanted to have our usual whopping good time with lots of happy memories and smiling faces.

It might actually be for the best since I really do have a whole lot of work ahead of me this week. I don't know how I could've juggled getting it all done and making sure everyone was having a whopping good time.

Naptime is almost up and I'm thinking that maybe Baby and I can go for a walk and enjoy the quiet of being a pair.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wishing you the best of luck getting it all started...sometimes a change in plans ends up being a change for the better! Enjoy your time with Baby!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Sorry things didn't go the way you wished. Wouldn't life be great if we could skip the ucky days?

Oh well, like you say, maybe it's for the best in terms of your getting stuff done :)

Melissa said...

hope you enjoyed the walk. It's always sad to have family leave. Especially early. For the best I'm sure.
Happy birthday and good luck with inspire co! I can't wait to see what's in store!!!

Unknown said...

Sorry your visit ended abruptly. Hope the walk with baby cleared your head. Those walks are some of my most insightful. Good luck getting it all done. You are a force to be reckoned with. I appreciate the time you take to keep up your blog. It is a pretty place to escape to. ((Hugs))

Kara Ward said...

Oh, I remember those delicous days in my PJ's with a cozy lump on my lap...sweet memories. This is Kara from Silverbella. I am all out of my favorite fragrance that you created just for Silverbella...tear tear. I am glad things are going well. As my mama always says...Tomorrow is a new day!

Cohiba Exquisitos said...

My mother decided when she woke up that it would be better for everyone if they left this morning. I cried as they left because I really wanted them to stay

Teetho said...

I cried as they left because I really wanted them to stay. More than anything, I wanted to have our usual whopping good time with lots of happy memories and smiling faces. Zahnarztchur.ch