Monday, November 5, 2007

all work and some play


My parents are visiting this weekend. We worked all day on Saturday, pricing and tagging and wrapping and boxing stuff up for Silver Bella. My father keeps saying "Maybe I should go with you...I think you're going to need some help."

We took a break from all that work yesterday to go on a little Sunday drive. We drove a little bit west to take in the beauty of Skyline Drive. The trees are so wonderful right now, each one shouting "no, look at me...look how pretty my leaves are!"

And just guess what we saw in two different places...BEARS! We didn't just happen to see them. There were little traffic jams at each of the places, full of insane people who were actually chasing the bears so they could get a picture of them. I really thought that we might be witnesses to some sort of "When Bears Attack" special. We stayed safely in our car, ooing and ahhhhing and giggling. But unfortunately for you, not snapping photos. You'll just have to take my word for it. Bears.

My parents are getting ready to leave. They really were so much help to me. They kept saying, and I have to agree, that they didn't know how I could've gotten all that I needed to do this weekend done all by myself.

I still have quite a list of things to do. Of most importance today is to get these boxes packed and shipped off to Omaha via FedEx ground. I'm whispering a little prayer in each of the boxes that it makes it there safely and on time. If not, I might be selling kisses or lemonade or tap dance performances.

p.s. Next post (maybe this afternoon?) I'll share some pictures of the Cottage's open house, my room there, and some of the goodies I scored from the trunk show there.

p.p.s. I've gotten some emails inquiring what Rich did with that dry ice...sorry I'm so forgetful! He put the dry ice in a smaller bowl inside the bigger bowl of candy. Everytime the doorbell rang, he poured a little water into the dry ice bowl to make a foggy mist pour out of the candy bowl. It was quite a hit and lots of kids made second rounds just to see it again!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Your little fairy you is tooo adorable and sooo sweet - Wishing you safe delivery of your treasures to Silver Bella. Vicarious anticipation and excitement here as you get ready to depart

Anonymous said...

I love that your parents were there and were so helpful! They probably took great pride in their daughter's venture!

And...wish I could have seen pictures of those bears!!!!

Anonymous said...

Totally loving the little fairy wings in your header!!! It's so YOU!!
Good luck at SilverBella!!

Georgia Peachez said...

Hi Amy, I'm glad you got to take a little break over the weekend and didn't work yourself to the bone! xo, suzy

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Oh Amy! I am right there with you! I sent my packages this morning and all I can do now is hope they arrive on time!!!! Yikes!!!! Still so much to do!

I can't wait to meet you in just a few days!

Hugs!