Friday, May 18, 2007



We just finished dinner and it was really good. I cheated by getting the pre-assembled kabobs from Whole Foods and using a Near East kit for the pasta.

I spent most of the day with my friends Cindy, Mary Catherine, and Kelli. Cindy made something so wonderful for me to sell at Inspire Co. I can't wait to show you! I'm anticipating that they will go quickly. The detail is amazing and I love her sense of humor that shows through. I'm hoping to have them on the site on Monday so stay tuned...especially if you are looking for a little something to send a friend who needs a pick-me-up.

I wanted to tell you a funny, cautionary tale about my father. It's even funnier if you know him, but since most of you don't, I hope the funniness shines through. Yesterday he was backing out of his driveway, on the way to the grocery store. He was wearing flip-flops and the shoe got stuck behind the gas pedal still connected between his toes to his foot, with the gas pedal wedged between. He almost backed into the neighbor's garage before he knew it so he threw the car in drive. Full speed ahead he went, into his backyard, down the steep hill, up the steep hill, making a few highspeed big circles through the yard before he could get his foot loose. So, here's the cautionary part, as he told me this morning, don't wear your "'flops" while driving!

10 comments:

jess said...

I am loving your menu cards, Amy. Everything sounds so yummy!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

dinner sounds delicious. I am laughing thinking of how your Daddy must've looked going over hill and dale but I am also very happy he was able to control the car and land safely!

Anonymous said...

Amy, that is a funny story!!!
Too cute
~Angie~

Jen Kershner said...

Poor Dad! I'll keep that in mind.

I'm loving seeing what your having for dinner. It's so my kind of food!

Unknown said...

I think a lot of us in the Land of Oz have had that same experience. Another thing about thongs or flip-flops is that our men-folk often refer to them as their Japanese riding boots!

Lizzie said...

Hi! I linked to your blog from a friends, and must tell you how much I enjoyed your menus, the story about your father, and looking at your travel pics. Lovely!

Kindredly~
Lizzie

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I just checked out your blog and loved the photos of Carmel! Making me homesick! Not really, glad to be on the east coast. Just sorry to miss you on your 10th, but wanted to say Happy Anniversary -- the envelope book you made is darling. Glad you had fun. All my best to you, Susan

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that story this morning...I'm getting quite a giggle from the image of your father careening around his neighborhood. Of course, I can giggle because it turned out OK!

laina kay said...

Love your menu... sounds yummy! You've inspired me for dinner tonight! Thanks!

Your Dad's 'funniness' shines through! Glad he's okay. Note to self: take flip flops off before driving. Or is it dangerous to drive barefoot, too?

I love the tag you've been using for your menus. I'm assuming it's from a digital scrapbooking site, would you mind sharing where you found it? I'm new to digital scrapbooking and am enjoying all the fun stuff to be had. I looked at Mo Jackson's shop but didn't find those tags. Love the font, too! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's fair to post your menu unless you're going to explain how you made it!