Wednesday, April 19, 2006

so much going on!

Are you wondering what happened to me? Seth is visiting.



Here he is with his "souvenirs" and his strawberry-stained lips. He loves to collect things. He has 3 dozen 6 inch lengths of assorted ribbons that I cut for him. I also had a package of glow in the dark rick rack that I gave him. He loves it.

At the breakfast table the other morning Seth started making a series of funny faces and said "this is how the dishwasher sounds". I made a movie of it to show you. The noise in the background is the tv. My father listens to it at top volume and I have to tell you it is driving me batty. Anyway, here's the video: Seth's impression of the dishwasher

Easter dinner was fabulous. Everyone heaped food on their plates like never before and I do think it was a success. The best part by far was the Easter Bunny's appearance after the egg hunt. The children were all so very surprised and happy. Except Seth and Maggie. Seth knows that it is my father and being in the inside of this secret is really doing a number on the sweet little boy. Maggie is so afraid she shakes of the Easter Bunny and the gorilla and probably will be afraid of all of the future costumes that are in the works.

On Saturday my little friend Matt had a birthday party complete with a moonbounce! I'd hoped that Seth would arrive in time to go but he didn't. The Easter Bunny, however, did go with me. He wore the whole get-up...head included and his ears stuck out of the sunroof. It was so much fun driving down 66 with such a celebrity. Cars slammed on brakes to get a better look and whole carfuls of children waved out of windows. What was even more amazing to me was how many drivers didn't even notice that the Easter Bunny was passing them!

Before I sign off, I've been tagged by Jenny.

1. Five minutes to yourself: how would you spend them, ideally? Daydreaming. Eyes going out of focus and mind a-wondering and beautiful little things drifting in and out.

2. Five bucks to spend right now: how would you spend it? I would buy a little gift for Seth. Something sweet and small that he would fall in love with immediately.

3. Five items in your house you could part with, right now, that you hadn't thought of already? the huge oriental rug that used to be in the living room that doesn't go anywhere now, the lamp which has a switch that doesn't work and it has to be plugged in to turn it on, the mirror in the hallway that looks like a window with shutters and that is always ascew, crazily so, all of the pillows on the sofas that are all out of shape and lumpy, and finally the tiny little table that my friend just gave me that doesn't go anywhere and isn't really my thing.

4. Five items you absolutely, positively could never part with in your house? my sweetiepie, this, my red linen sofa, my laptop, my favorite chair

5. Five words you love? lovely, sugar, little, sweet, and yes

I'm tagging a few who are relatively new to blogging: Michelle, Kim, Sharyn, Roxi, & Carol,

3 comments:

Waterfall said...

Very cute little video! I'm so happy that Seth has you for an aunt and your dad for a grandfather! He seems like a happy little boy.

Anastasia said...

Seth is SO cute!! sounds like you had fun together!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back!! Love your site!!
Hugs,
Maryann