Thursday, March 9, 2006

oh no...



We have a problem.

First, it was not a problem. It was a luxury. The washer and dryer on the second floor. How convenient is that?

It is not convenient however when you need to put some sort of grate over the exhaust vent to keep birds from nesting there. We don't have a ladder to reach that high. We should've hired someone with a tall ladder to fix it up for us but we didn't. So that's where the problem is today.

There is a bird right this minute trapped in my exhaust tubing inside my house in the laundry room. He is making such a commotion in there and I can't do anything to help him. He is stuck. I thought that by turning on the dryer, he'd find his way out but that just stirred the pot. Feathers poured out the exhaust vent like you wouldn't believe.

Did I ever tell you about my intense fear of birds in enclosed spaces?

I called the same guy who evicted the skunk family that lived under our front porch. Now I am waiting for him to call back. I wish Mr. Yarrington who my mother used to call when she found a snake in our basement lived down the street. I would call him.

Oh my goodness gracious! He is making such a fuss up there! I'm going out of my mind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait, am I having deja vu? Isn't this sort of how we "met"? You guys have like a whole St. Francis thing going on, you two. . . .