Wednesday, February 8, 2006

hyacinth bucket



I think told you the story of my tv summer...when I put a black and white television in my cleared out closet along with my sister's beanbag chair and I mapped out my days using the green section of the newspaper as my guide. I don't watch very much television anymore...definitely not whole days at once. But I tell you, I do like to sit down and have a cup of tea at 2:00 while I watch "Keeping Up Appearances". It's so nice when I can take that small break in the middle of the day. And Hyacinth makes me laugh heartily.

If you haven't seen this show, you must look into it. I thought everyone must have seen it by now but I've mentioned it recently to others who hadn't. It's a BBC show from the 90's that is being aired on PBS in the US. Check your local listings. Here's a video clip.

3 comments:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

I LOVE that show! That and Are You Being Served.

"Mind the cows Richard!" "She'll sing at me!"

Angela said...

I enjoy British Comedies too, Amy! I use to live in the Dallas/Ft.Worth (Texas) area where they were first brought to America to PBS, thanks to Monte Python. "Keeping Up Appearances" as well as "Black Adder (the many faces)", "Mr. Bean", "Are you Being Served", "As time goes by", "Faulty Towers", "Faulty Towers", "The Last of the Summer Wine", and even "Coupling" are some other FANTASTIC Brititsh comedies that will continue to fill your eveing full of laughter.

Angela

Anastasia said...

We love that show at our house too!!
its such a laugh and reminds me of a few women I know heehee